Sunday, August 28, 2011

Take five eggs





Today was my brother's birthday and I was charged with making the cake. I used a new favourite recipe, chocolate almond cake, from a New Zealand cookbook - 'A year's worth : Dunsandel Store' by Sam Mannering, Annabel Graham and Rebecca Law. It's an easy recipe that's gluten-free and delicious. What more could you ask for in a cake? I decided to go a bit mad with the decorations getting as many lollies as possible on the top. And sides.

The quilt is progressing. I've now completed 30 out of 40 rows of hand quilting. That's 75% done! This obsessive counting and calculating makes the project sound tedious but I actually enjoy hand stitching. It's quite soothing - sitting and sewing and listening to the radio. Time just flies by. But it's also satisfying to track my progress.

No comments: