Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Knitting with Seinfeld



Jane Brocket recommends you 'knit or crochet while watching a great film'. Well, I've been knitting while watching Seinfeld : the complete series. I've been knitting this fantastic scarf. It's a pattern from Lion Brand and it's almost addictive. It's fun - and, surprisingly, easy - to knit. It's wonderful to watch the triangles form and also to watch the wool morph through its colour changes. However, I got a bit caught up in it. I'd cast on too tightly and the bottom edge kept curling up. It was bothering me. I knew if I was wearing it I'd always be fussing. But, even knowing this, I couldn't stop knitting. I was about a third of the way done before sense prevailed and I undid the whole thing. At the time, it felt like a huge sacrifice. I'm sure every knitter has been through this at some point. But it's hard, isn't it? I've started again with a really, really loose cast on and it seems to be working. Hoorah!

No comments: