Sunday, January 29, 2012

Blue stitches, black stitches

In my workroom clean-up I found a stack of old handkerchiefs that I'd collected thinking I could extend their usefulness with a bit of embroidery. Once the builders start I won't be able to do much crafting unless it's something small and portable - like embroidery or knitting - as most of our furniture will be stored in my workroom. So the hankies could be the perfect project to keep me sane through the renovations. I've been preparing with some random cross stitch. I like the strawberry but I'm not sure about cross stitch in general. All that thread counting ...

I also found this piece of blackwork that I started years ago. I don't know how I did it. My older self is impressed with my younger self.



Reading back issues of frankie + Watching Australian tennis open

No comments: