Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Stars




Here's a cot sheet I made and embroidered for a friend's first baby. I slightly modified a design from Isabelle Leloup's book, Cross-stitch and embroidery for babies, toddlers and children and I'm pleased with how it's turned out. The book has some lovely designs, mostly, but not all, cross stitch. I made the sheet a generous size for lots of tucking in potential. I'll also give Blue Rabbit as he's in need of a good home.

We found the frangipani flowers while out walking down by the harbour. The recent high winds had blown the flowers off the tree and scattered them on the path with surprisingly little damage to the petals. We gathered some up, carefully carried them home and floated them in a bowl. Of course, if you're familiar with frangipani, you'll know how fantastically heady they smell.

Watching The Wire on DVD + Harvesting figs + Missing Tootie

No comments: