Monday, July 9, 2012

novelty tea cosies






Thank you to everyone from My Creative Space. It's so nice to see what everyone is making and to connect with other craftspeople.

Since I finished my posy cosy I've been thinking about my next knitting project. I was looking for inspiration in my small collection of "vintage" knitting books and found some more wonderful - and a few odd - tea cosy patterns. I think the koala bear is bizarrely endearing. I'm impressed by the huge variety and inventiveness of the patterns but I suppose it's not really surprising given that the tea cosy was once so popular.

Anyway I don't think I'm ready to make another tea cosy just yet and I haven't come up with any other ideas on what to knit next so I'm working on this. Perhaps you'd like to join me?

No comments: