Monday, February 18, 2013

beginnings

 




The little branches and the tiny seeds I collected from them are from my sister-in-law's garden. She has a wonderful garden that I admire very much. Most of her plants were started as cuttings or from seed so when I commented on a particularly vibrant blue flower - like the true pioneer woman she is - she handed me stems of seed pods. The plant is Aristea aka blue brilliant. I'm not a confident gardener but my gardening book from 1984 tells me its "easily grown" so I'm going to give it a go. I'll keep you posted.

The little succulent is panda plant (kalanchoe tomentosa). It's usually a pale grey colour with rows of rusty brown dots along the edges of the leaf tips. I've been nursing these cuttings along indoors so maybe the lack of light has paradoxically turned them green. Is that possible?

I hope everything is rosy in your garden.

No comments: