Tuesday, June 17, 2014

jam



A little bit of something to brighten up a winter's day - biscuits made from this Yotam Ottolenghi recipe published online in The Guardian. I made the recipe as given but substituted limes for the orange and lemon (as I didn't have any) and I used spelt instead of regular flour. You press your thumb into the uncooked biscuit to make a little hollow that you fill with a spoonful of warmed jam when the biscuits come out of the oven. They were delicious. Such a lovely treat.

And here's a little tribute to Rik Mayall - clever English comedian and writer and star of the hilariously funny television series The young ones - who died last week.

Reading: Far from the tree by Andrew Solomon - insightful book about raising children who are different and their parents whose lives were changed forever. I'd like to give this book to everyone I know.

No comments: